Before sending in a support ticket, we'd like to suggest a few troubleshooting tips. Most of the issues we've encountered can simply be attributed to a few usage concerns and can easily be fixed by doing the following, in order of relevance:
- Check Internet Connection
- Clear Cache
- Restart the App
- Restart the Device
- Reinstalling the App
Check Internet Connection
- Check if your device is connected to a stable internet.
- (Connection timed out) usually appears when an internet connection issue is encountered.
Clear CacheCache is defined as a reserved storage location that collects temporary data to help websites, browsers, and apps load faster. Clearing the cache include freeing up previous storage space on your devices and eliminating any files that might be causing it to misbehave.
- Clearing Cache on an Android tablet
- Clearing Cache on Web Browser
Clearing Cache on an Android tabletApplicable to RUSH Merchant App
- Go to Settings on your Android tablet.
- Look for Storage.
- In the Storage menu, tap either Internal Storage or Other Apps depending on the device.
- Find the RUSH Merchant App on the list and select it.
- Click Clear Cache.
Clearing Cache on Web Browser
Applicable to RUSH Content Management System (CMS)
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (represented by three horizontal dots).
- Find More tools and click Clear Browsing Data
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- On your computer, open Safari.
- Click on the Safari tab at the top left of your screen and choose Preferences... from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Advanced tab of the menu that pops up.
- At the end of the tab, select the Show Develop menu in menu bar box and close the Preferences menu.
- Click the Develop tab from the Safari menu at the top of the page.
- Click Empty Caches from the dropdown menu.
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- Click the Menu (represented by three horizontal lines) and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
Restart the AppEnsure that you are running the latest version of the RUSH Merchant App.
- Leaving the application running in the background may cause session issues for some.
- Force close the app and restarting it would address this concern.
Restart the Device
- Long run time of your device could be causing an issue.
- Restarting it should give it a fresh run and a reset on all the running applications
Reinstalling the App
- This will give you a fresh install of the app, ensuring net connectivity to fully download, a clear cache, and a newly opened instance.